Monday, March 23, 2015

Block Head : February and March



New edition of Block Head! Yaaay!

Anywho, I’m giving the deets on the late February Arcade Block and early March arrival of the latest Nerd Block


Arcade Block (Left) is a Zelda fans dream. A really cute Link plushy, a Hyrule mouse pad which left me questioning when the last time was that I used one. The t-shirt of the month featured a great shot of Skull Kid.

Personal favorite is a toss-up between the super cool Star Fox coffee mug and the Pac-Man keychain. The keychain does the whole “whacka-whacka” sound when you press a button on the back. My dog hates it but I love it oh so much.

Love the mini Sonic the Hedgehog figurine but holy shit, getting it out of the ball it came in was a struggle until I just threw it on the ground…which actually opened it.

This month’s Nerd Block (Right) was themed with and around actor-comedian Simon Pegg. 

Featured are his autobiography “Nerd Do Well” and a Shaun of the Dead t-shirt. We also get a pretty cool April fool’s day kit that has a Harley Quinn whoopee cushion and some Mr.Freeze prank ice cubes.

Guardians of the Galaxy is also represented well with a magnet (Starlord) and a set of nesting dolls.

Lastly is a munnyworld figure that you can dress up if you choose too. 

Next month is themed as the 80’s and we get a nice Ghostbusters tease.

While on the topic of monthly boxes, SuperheroStuff has a really great selection of Hero box themes along with a mystery theme. You can purchase whenever you please, they aren’t under a monthly renewal.


I decided to test it out and purchased a Wonder Woman hero box (above). Best $50 I have spent in a long time. I’m talking actual clothes, toys and books. Absolutely love it and I’m looking into getting a Batman box next. You can get your own here.

Also, next month the long awaited Marvel Collector Corps box makes its debut! I’m very excited for that one. Hope it’s as good as it should be.

And finally! Something I have been waiting for and it’s reasonably priced for once!

Owlcrate is a monthly reader’s subscription box at $30. YUPPPPP! Each month you get a brand new much anticipated Young Adult novel and some bookworm goodies! March is sold out as is the April box but you can jump on the May waitlist here.
 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment