Friday, January 30, 2015

GODDAMNIT MARVEL!



It figures that the day after I pay off some of my college debt, Marvel decides to just shit on every monthly subscription box.

They have announced a partnership with Funko and will be sending out exclusive items in a bi-monthly service. First box goes out in April, just in time for The Avengers : Age of Ultron. It's themed to the movie and you get a 6" Hulkbuster.

There are two plans to pick from. The Founders Program includes a 12-month subscription, 6 boxes and an additional exclusive 8” Founder Statue on the anniversary of your membership as a reward. All together you are looking at a good $200.

Then there is your Collector Program at $25. Everything the founders get EXCEPT the anniversary gift. This will probably round out to about $30-$35.

Do I want this? FUCK YES. I mean let's face it, in the nerd world, it gets no bigger than Marvel. They made a smart move getting into the mix with other services like Nerd Block and Loot Crate.
So I begin the search for spare cash to feed my subscription addiction. If you want in on the action, you can check out  Marvel Collector Corps

No comments:

Post a Comment