Friday, March 6, 2015

REVIEW : Holding Strong (Ultimate Book 2) by Lori Foster


SCHEDULED RELEASE DATE : March 31, 2015

Heavyweight fighter Denver Lewis plays real nice, but he doesn't share. That's why he's been avoiding top-notch flirt Cherry Peyton. But a man can only resist those lush curves for so long. Their encounter surpasses all his fantasies, bringing out protective urges that Cherry's about to need more than she knows… 
Denver's combination of pure muscle and unexpected tenderness has been driving Cherry wild. Yet no sooner does she get what she's been craving than old troubles show up on her doorstep. And this time, Cherry can't hide behind a carefree facade. Because the man by her side is one who'll fight like hell to keep her safe…if only she'll trust him enough to let him…


Special thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin for the ARC.

First off, I am a massive Lori Foster fan. The Ultimate series is probably one of the best takes on MMA in the romance genre, in my opinion. The men of SBC – Supreme Battle Challenge, which is Foster’s version of UFC, are so completely swoon worthy; I dare you to not fall in love with them.

Secondly, I fell in love with Denver and Cherry within the first few pages. They are just so fucking fantastically cute! I don’t know which one I crushed on more if I’m going to be honest, although, I did not love Denver’s use of the word ‘girl’. Just gave me so many flashes to that Ryan Gosling “Hey girl” meme. However, I can probably forgive that since he has the golden rod. 

Ahem.

There is of course some trouble that comes in the form of shady family and insecurities, but thankfully not the soul crushing angst of romance novels past.

All of the characters get to show off their personalities at different points, and it’s great because none of them are boring. I am so ready for more of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment