Tuesday, March 3, 2015

REVIEW : Professor Cline Revealed ( The Professor #1) by J.M. La Rocca


RELEASE DATE : March 2, 2015

Getting pleasure from pain makes me a sadist. I’ve been that way for as long as I can remember. Plagued by painful memories and a dark past, I use women to help me forget. I’ve done everything in my power to take control of my life, but there are some things I have no control over.
People think they know who I am, but in reality, they know nothing.
My name is Mason Cline.
But after today, you will call me Professor Cline.

I am so torn on my feelings about this book. I mean, Mason is actually a really complex character, probably one of the most I have ever read, but there are times he just came across as your typical bad boy asshole. Bad boy asshole teaching law at NYU, but still.



Mason's entire world is absolutely troubling. From losing his mother at a young age, to having a disturbing relationship with his father in his adulthood, there are many twists in his tale. It is interesting to see two issues in particular handled from the male perspective. That was very new to me and I did appreciate the take.

The Professor does feature some sexing that dips into the teacher/student pool, but its not that "scandalous" in the full scope of the story.

Book one ends pretty messy across the board but it sets up for what could be a thrilling book two. I feel I should mention that there are moments in this book that may need a big ole trigger warning.

Professor Cline Revealed (The Professor #1) by J.M. La Rocca  via @amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment