Saturday, March 14, 2015

REVIEW : The Daring Assignment (Curvy Assignments Book 1) by Victoria Bright





RELEASE DATE : original September 24, 2014 / re-release March 2, 2015
I didn’t mean to hurt anyone, especially him…
I was living the dream. I had a great career as a romance author, a successful boyfriend, and am the daughter to a New York power couple. With my standing, my family groomed me to be perfect. Despite having it all, something was missing in my life.

In an attempt to break away from my privileged, suffocating life, I was in pursuit of finding my own path to happiness. After my literary agent gave me a risky writing assignment, I set out to write a best-seller that took me completely out of my comfort zone and into the arms of another man. He was only supposed to be a research toy, falling in love wasn’t a part of the plan.

As I become tangled into a huge web of lies, I quickly find out that I have a life changing decision to make. Do I choose to continue living a life of comfort, stability, and misery or do I take a chance on the unknown to preserve my happiness?


Thanks to NetGalley and Booktrope for the ARC.

Arianna Donatelli is stuck in a loveless relationship with a man she truly cannot stand and it’s only a matter of time before one of them snaps. The only thing keeping them from breaking their sham of a relationship is the promise of a huge financial payout and Arianna’s fear of failure as her own person. Well, there’s also the wrath of Arianna’s parents to deal with.

Arianna’s parents are absolutely fuck awful. I actually found myself screaming profanities anytime they would appear. That actually applies to Julius as well, the major douche-canoe of a boyfriend. With the exception of Arianna’s best friend Gia, no one seems to appreciate the curvy beauty and her aspirations to become a best-selling romance author.

During a meeting with her agent, Arianna is told to spice up her writings in an effort to gain more readers. Only problem is that Arianna is quite shy and inexperienced, where would she even begin? Arianna is immediately gifted with inspiration in the form of Zane.

Arianna and Zane quickly build a relationship that may be headed for more, but what about Julius? What about her family? Can Arianna grow the balls to tell them to fuck off, or will she just fall to their demands?

I had such a battle with this book. I didn’t exactly fall in love with any of the characters or their situations, but there were some pretty hot scenes and funny moments. There is a peek for book two at the end and even though book one wasn’t a favorite, the preview has gotten my attention.


The Daring Assignment (Curvy Assignments) (Volume 1) by Victoria Bright via @amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment