Sunday, October 20, 2019

Spotlight : Mental Health Reads

I feel its always a good time to recommend some good self help books and books that deal with mental illness in a real way and not so clinical. A way that keeps your attention and not have you googling what the actual fuck the writer means.

In the past few months I've come across some great material that made me laugh and cry about my situation. It made the discussions later on not so uncomfortable. You aren't alone in this fight and on this rotating marble of Earth. We all deal with some shit. Here are a few of my favorites.

So Sad Today : Personal Essays by Melissa Broder
Ok Fine Whatever by Courtenay Hameister
Mixed Feelings : Poems and Stories by Avan Jogia
To Drink Coffee with a Ghost by Amanda Lovelace
Boy Meets Depression: Or Life Sucks and Then You Live by Kevin Breel
Hunger: A Memoir of (My) Body by Roxane Gay
A Tragic Kind of Wonderful by Eric Lindstrom
Masquerade by Cyrus Parker
Mental: Lithium, Love, and Losing My Mind by Jaime Lowe
Hope these books can help you out at any time or during a difficult time when you feel you may be at a low point or alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment