Monday, October 21, 2019

NYCC 2019 RECAP : SATURDAY AND SUNDAY


Saturdays at NYCC are always crazy but for me I was rather chill. I stuck to mostly panels along with a giant cup of coffee and a nice and heavy sweater. NYCC was really not weather friendly this year.

I started my day off with a panel by Epic Reads titled The Harper Voyager an Intergalactic Battle Royale. Basically new books were put head to head to see which characters would win in bizarre situations. Very fun and we got freebies at the end.


Next I made sure I got in for author Marie Lu’s spotlight panel. She spoke about her new book Rebel which is now book 4 in her Legend series. She also spoke on several other projects. Beautiful woman and great interview.


I tried to get into a Funimation panel and a Harley Quinn panel but those got capped crazy fast, so I walked around and ate until the next author’s panel with Garth Nix and Veronica Roth. This was the best panel of the day. Really fun with jokes and fan interaction. These two had great chemistry and were a wonderful choice for the Masters of Fantasy panel.
I decided after that panel to head on home and sleep for as long as I could to prepare for the final day of NYCC.


Sunday may have been the worst and best day at NYCC. Worst: it was kids day and holy shit, there are some shit parents out there. KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR CHILDREN. Best : HARLY QUINN PREMIERE! I got to view the first episode of the Harley DC Universe series at Madison Square Garden. It is absolutely amazing and not for kids at all. So excited for it to finally hit later this year.


Only panel I attended was the Representation Matters panel, hosted by Danika Stone, with guests Cyrus Parker, Amanda Lovelace, Heidi Heilig, Mark Oshiro, and Sophia Elaine Hanson. All great authors but Mark Oshiro is absolutely hilarious. THIS WAS MY PANEL. As a reader, these authors spoke just as nervously as us readers when we try to explain why we love something so much. This was a great note to end my NYCC 2019 time on.

I’m already prepping for 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment