Saturday, October 19, 2019

Book Review : Three Dark Crown Series. Books 1-3 by Kendare Blake


 When kingdom come, there will be one.

In every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born—three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins.






So I had some time to borrow 3 of the 4 Dark Crown audiobooks and finally see if it was worth its hype in book land. Now I will say while I have enjoyed it so far, fear the finale may leave me disappointed so I am a bit scared to get a hold of it.


So the plot, 3 gifted sisters, only 1 can survive and be Queen. Arsinoe, who starts as the weakling, Mirabella, the favorite to win, and Katharine the sort of in between to me though she seems to be ranked with Arsinoe for a time. Let’s be real though, our star is Jules who seems to be more powerful than all 3 sisters combined. She’s Arsinoe’s bestie and together they deliver some of the best scenes and moments in the series.


I did grow to like Mirabella after really despising her in book 1 and my hate switiching to Katharine. By book 3 I enjoyed all 3 sisters but gold star for BILLY! I adore him and Arsinoe so much.



I feel that One Dark Throne is the standout in terms of great from start to finish but no spoilers cuz that’d be too long to type out but so far so good, please don’t fail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment