Monday, August 17, 2015

REVIEW: Sweet the Sin (Revenge Saga #1) by Claire Kent


RELEASE DATE : July 7, 2015


Even as I write this review I'm not quite sure of my feelings on it. I didn't hate it and actually believe it got a lot better midway through. Maybe I just didn't like certain aspects of it.


Kelly Watson makes her living as an artist who does pet portraits. She also lives her life with as much distance from emotional attachments that she can get. It is one night only for this gal! She has her reasons for being the way she is but she sure didn’t expect it all to come together due to one phone call.

On a job to meet a client she instead meets Caleb Marshall and these two click and snap quickly in every way that best suits Kelly. After their park time fun, Kelly returns home to learn some rather disturbing information. Could the man she just had sex with be the cause of all her problems?

It's now Kelly's mission; under the persistence of her asshole of an estranged mother, to find out everything about Caleb and bring him down. Now I am most definitely not a prude or against doing what you gotta do, but Kelly using sex at the start just made me so uncomfortable. After learning more about her possible life-ruiner, Kelly feels herself getting too close to Caleb and suddenly she isn't so sure of what she believes anymore. 

This is no love story in my opinion but its is partial murder mystery and just sex on top of deception mixed with extreme paranoia. I just think it missed the mark by a bit.

This is part 1 of a 2 part series and it ended on an interesting note via Caleb's point of view. Looks like part 2 will fill us in on his knowledge of Kelly's mystery when its released in October of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment