Saturday, August 22, 2015

GO SEE AMERICAN ULTRA!


MOVIE RATING: ALL THE FUCKING STARS

Okay so with today being the official release date of American Ultra I figured it was time for my movie review. I was very lucky to not only see this movie once but twice and actually earlier today. Yes I may be addicted to this movie.


Now everyone knows that I am a huge Kristen Stewart fan so maybe this may come across as biased but I don't really give a shit because this is truly a wonderful summer fun action packed movie. Jesse Eisenberg is so completely underrated as an actor. He and Kristen have such amazing and intense chemistry that I will buy anything they are selling. They just make you FEEL. This entire cast brought to life the hilarious script by Max Landis and I really love him for writing it and Nima Nourizadeh for taking it on.

For those that don't know the backstory on American Ultra, Mike (Jesse) is a stoner living with his girlfriend Phoebe (Kristen) and he wants to propose but his anxiety just keeps fucking up his plans. By the way, there is some beautifully heartbreaking and yet hilarious dialogue surrounding a tree and a car. I just GAAAH so much love. Anyway, Mike happens to be a super kick-ass killer created by a CIA program but all that has been erased from his memory until he gets activated and SHIT GETS REAL. It actually made me look at Ramen and my eyeliner in a whole new light.

The action and violence in this movie is crazy. It’s very bloody but I wouldn’t term it as gory. Jesse and Kristen show serious skill and on point comedic timing. The supporting cast of Connie Britton, Topher Grace, Tony Hale, John Leguizamo and Walton fucking Goggins just help make this a solid flick for me.

I have been a huge Jesse and Kristen fan since Adventureland all those years ago and they just kill this movie in the best way. Please do yourself a favor and GO SEE IT! Action, blood, romance and weed what more could you ask for? Oh yeah, I want a fucking sequel! This could be a fantastic ORIGINAL series, so get your asses to the theaters and see American Ultra and help make that bank!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment