Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Book Review : Boyfriend Maintenance by Lauren Helms @foreverpr_

RELEASE TOUR FOR Boyfriend Maintenance by Lauren Helms

Emmy King became a disgraced high-socitey princess when she walked away from her family’s money. Jake Harper is the sexy yet uninterested apartment building’s maintenance man. When the two agree to help each other out, they quickly realize the more time they spend together the more the lines get blurred. The fifth book in the #mustread series, 425 Madison Avenue, is now live. Read Boyfriend Maintenance by Lauren Helms today!

Only on Amazon + Read for FREE on Kindle Unlimited


About Boyfriend Maintenance

Emmy
My bad reputation is coming back to haunt me. Now, I need a date for my brother’s wedding just to keep the vultures at bay. I’ve noticed Jake around the building and he’s the perfect man for the job.
The thing is, I don’t actually have what I promised in return for his help, but I don’t want this to end.

Jake
I’ve seen Emmy and she’s out of my league, but that doesn’t stop me from taking her up on her offer and upping the ante. I have rules, however, the more time we spend together the more the lines get blurred.
Her lie made her more like me than I ever thought possible. Too bad liars don’t do it for me.

A little boyfriend maintenance goes a long way…

After all, 425 Madison Avenue is the perfect place to fall in love.

*Each story is completely standalone.

REVIEW:
Can't go wrong with Lauren Helms. I really enjoyed the chemistry between Jake and Emmy but boy, money is a bitch. I enjoy the fake relationship trope beceause you do get to see characters grow and learn to love (or hate) eachother. I don't particularly love the "paid boyfriend" route. I feel that  always comes back to bite as severe angst.
Sidenote : Hey Sara, hey Pokemon lol


Excerpt
Copyright @ 2019 Lauren Helms

“Oh, well … hello there, hot stuff.” Mrs. Jenkins stands in the open doorway of her apartment.
Her arm slides up the doorframe slightly awkwardly as she leans into the frame. She’s attempting to look sexy in a Japanese silk kimono robe. It’s a red floral print that hangs nearly to her ankles. She has surprisingly good posture for a seventy-year-old woman.
Her husky voice is seductive as she gestures for me to come in. I have to mentally prepare myself every time I have a work order for unit 2007. Which is normally once a week.
Mrs. Jenkins is a retired Broadway actress. She hit her stride when she starred in the hit musical Chicago in the mid-seventies. Dorthy Jenkins is a dramatic, wealthy retiree who just happens to hit on me every time I’m here. She may be a tad lonely, so I deal with it.
“Good afternoon, Mrs. Jenkins. My work order says that you’ve got faulty smoke detectors.” Honestly, that seems a bit suspicious since we worked through the entire building updating the detectors less than six months ago.
“Dorthy, darling. Please, stop calling me Mrs. Jenkins. You make me feel like a cougar.”
I raise my eyebrow at that. More like a puma since she’s got to be at least forty years older than me. I set down my toolbox and scan the living room for the unit’s central detector.
“All right, Dorthy. You’re having issues with the smoke detectors? Let’s just take a look. I’ll get these fixed up in no time.” Really, I just want to get out of here. The longer I’m in this apartment, the more cheek pinches I get. And I’m not just talking about pinches to my face. She gets a little bolder with each visit. Not looking forward to the day she takes it too far. Her flirting seems harmless though. She just really appreciates those “hot young thangs.” Her words, not mine.
“Well, no rush. I’ll just pour us a little nightcap.” I don't mention it's only four in the afternoon. “Will two fingers do, Jake? I’ve always preferred two.” She waggles her eyebrows.
I divert my eyes. The sexual reference catches me off guard and I feel my face heat.
Clearing my throat, I shake my head. “I’m sorry, Dorthy, but no drinking on the job.” I pull out my step ladder so I can reach the smoke detector.
“You’re such a good boy, darling. I admire that. I’ll just have a nip and enjoy the show.”
Just like she normally does. Unfortunately, she isn’t the only 425 Madison resident to watch me while I do my job. I’ve worked in this building for nearly three years now. Growing up, I never had dreams of becoming a maintenance man, but I’ve always been good with my hands.



Author Info:

Lauren Helms has forever been an avid reader from the beginning. After starting a book review website, that catapulted her fully into the book world, she knew that something was missing. Lauren decided to take the plunge and write her first novel. While working for a video game strategy guide publisher, she decided to mix what she knew best--video games and romance. She decided to take the plunge and joined NaNoWrimo and a month later, she had her first draft.





About the 425 Madison Series


Welcome to 425 Madison Ave the perfect place to fall in love. Nine delicious romances set in fast-paced & sexy NYC just waiting for you to read.

The series features stories from some of your favorite romance authors: Leigh Lennon, MK Moore, Allie York, Aubree Valentine, Kay Gordon, Lauren Helms, Sylvia Kane, Katy Ames, and C. Lesbirel.

Join these authors as they come together, each with a standalone romance for you to enjoy.

Featuring some of readers' favorite tropes: second-chance romance, best friends sibling romance to a good ol' enemies to lovers romance. We've got you covered with a sports romance, a fake relationship and even an ugly duckling or two. Don't forget a brother's best friend and falling for your soul mate. Maybe a little love triangle as well. Each tale offers you something new, something different. After all, 425

For more information, visit the series website ➝ www.425madisonseries.com

Follow the series on Facebook ➝ https://www.facebook.com/425MadisonSeries

Did you miss MUST LOVE COFFEE, LET ME LOVE YOU, JUST SWIPE RIGHT? You can read them here:

The next books in the series are coming soon! Add them to your Goodreads shelf today!

Love Under Construction by Aubree Valentine, Book #6
An Enemies to Lovers Romance
Release: 5/16/19

Back for More by Sylvia Kane
A Brother's Best Friend Romance
Release: 6/6/19
This release event is brought to you by Forever Write PR - Forever your source for all your writing needs. https://www.facebook.com/ForeverWritePR/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review! We love Sara and Pokemon around here!

    ReplyDelete